|Alright then, I guess I’m going to give this Thursday thing a shot. It’s my first time so be gentle. I may not be entirely clear on the concept but I’ll get it sooner or later.Thirteen Things Semitough believes:
- I believe if you are going to curse, crap is the best curseword to use. It’s not universally offensive. And it doesn’t result in immediate health risk if the kids use it in front of your mother-in-law.
- I believe that blue is the finest color in the big Crayola box. Other colors
are crap next to blue. Green is good, but blue is best.
- I believe next to flying cars like on the Jetsons, the pickup is the finest vehicle ever conceived.
- I believe the internet is a lot like most towns….a good place to meet and
interact with people and if you’re lucky only half of them are looking to rob or kill you.
- I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.
- I believe Elvis is dead. Has been dead. And anyone claiming to have seen him is a nutjob who is just as likely to believe he or she has been abducted by aliens or was King of England in a former life.
- I believe cats are smarter than dogs which is why dogs are better pets. Nobody wants a pet smarter than they are which is why pigs never caught on as household pets.
- I believe that there has never been a girl as beautiful as my daughter or a woman as fine as my wife.
- I believe spellchecker is a poor excuse for learning to spell correctly and taking the time to check your work the old fashioned way. That said, don’t be combing my blog looking for spelling errors, I’m sure they’re there.
- I believe that Satellite Radio is the FM of the future and if XM doesn’t mess it up by adding too many commercial stations they will own this market within a decade and terrestrial radio will be a more vast wasteland than it already is. (Note: By my definition one commercial station is too many so XM has already exceeded that limit, but I’m willing to give a little bit as long as they don’t mess with the stations I listen to.)
- I believe that my chances of winning the lottery are better than my chances of getting struck by lightning, but I’m still not going to go running around in a thunderstorm or buying lottery tickets.
- I believe that the big screen TV ranks right up there with the Margarita Machine on the list of greatest inventions of all time.
- I believe this season will be the best ever for the Fighting Texas Aggie football team. I say that now because I know I can come back and edit this post later to avoid having to eat crow.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants